Friday, March 30, 2007

“My bugs help me, help you”

UPDATE! Contact form is fixed (Sept 21). Server fun for someone.
---
Now back to the orginal (Sept 19):

First off I noticed a bug in my contact form today. We are hunting it down. It was working but now seems off. Use the direct link or email me directly at craig@cmcreative.ca until I post that we have fixed.

Apparently servers can be modified and settings change without notice so my web developer is coding away. Well at least that’s what he thinks is the problem. That’s his specialty, not mine.

I now have a greater appreciation for what I offer to my clients. I don’t really care about how the bug gets fixed I just want it to do what it’s supposed to. Now in this case I had something that was working and now we have a hiccup. I can still receive my regular emails so I’m not completely cut off, but it is hampering my potential and taking up my time thinking about it. I could be doing other tasks.

This makes me think about what I make happen for my clients. Not only hassle free service but techno-free service. I don’t get into the mumbo-jumbo tech speak. I keep it simple and clear. This is not talking down by any means. As you have read in the past blogs, there is so much techno-babble out there that it can seriously kill a party.

One thing I have learned dealing with high-level executives is that they want answers. They have so much on the go that they just want you to do what you say. I keep the techno-babble to a minimum (or not at all) and deliver what they expect (and more).

For what we do at CM Creative is a simple formula. I find out what you want or I offer suggestions of what I can create and then get it done. Bringing solutions is critical for corporate work. It’s what we do.

Oh, keep an eye out for the new Canadian Forces commercials “Fight…”. They are awesome and a new tack for their recruiting. I ramble on about them next week.

CM

www.cmcreative.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home